Welcome to Cranbrook Vision Care, Optometrists in Cranbrook, British Columbia
Please be advised that we have updated our phone system. If you are having any trouble reaching us then please continue to try. We will do our best to ensure that we make contact with you. Thank you.
Welcome Back! Cranbrook Vision Care, Optometrists are pleased to announce that we will be reopen for your eye care needs on a limited, part-time basis. At this time, all visits to our office will require an appointment.
Please refer to the points below regarding our new office policies. These policies have been implemented to reduce the risk of patients and staff contracting COVID-19:
- If your are scheduled to see us for an appointment and you are unwell for any reason then please contact us by phone so we can assist you in rescheduling your appointment;
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last two weeks andor have your traveled outside of Canada in the past 14 days? If so then please follow required self-isolation policies and reschedule your appointment with us;
- Please attend your appointment alone when possible;
- All visits to our clinic are by appointment only. This includes eyeglass frame selection, eyeglass and contact lens pick-up, and eyeglass adjustment/repair. Please call us to arrange an appointment for any of these procedures.
- All eyeglass frames available for selection will be sanitized. Frames will be removed from the frame boards if handled by patients and staff and will not available for selection again until they are re-sanitized;
- At this time, we are prioritizing patient appointments for urgent eye care needs. If you are noticing vision changes or have other eyehealth concerns then we will do our best to accommodate you;
- If you are in a high-risk group for contracting COVID-19, or are just concerned about contracting COVID-19, you may not feel comfortable returning to our clinic at this time. However, if you have any concerns about your eyes or your vision then please contact us and we will perform a TeleMedicine consultation with you;
- Be advised that when you arrive for your appointment our front door will be locked. Please ring the doorbell so that one of our team members can let you in;
- All patients entering our clinic will be required to wear a face mask and sanitize their hands upon entering. Please minimize handling of objects and touching of surfaces; and
- Washrooms are available for use and sanitizing products will be available. While we will strive to sanitize hard surfaces regularly, it is advised that when using the washroom that you sanitize any surfaces that you will touch prior to using the facilities;
Thank you for your understanding and patience,
The Doctors and Staff at Cranbrook Vision Care, Optometrists
Ask Dr. Fredric Robertson a Question...
A large part of the examination is finding out what the patient is experiencing and determining the type of dry eye causing the symptoms. We examine the surface of the eye under a microscope to look at the quantity and the quality of the tear film. Additionally, we examine the eyelids and the glands inside the eyelids to insure they are healthy. More about Dry Eyes...
There are a wide range of treatments ranging from over the counter products to specialty laser procedures. Many times using artificial tears and vitamin supplements can help boost the tear film. There are prescription eye drops that can aid in tear production as well as laser procedures for patients with more advanced dry eye. More about Dry Eyes...
Of course – stay hydrated and making sure you consume enough water each day. Additionally, take breaks from your computer and smart phone. I recommend the 20/20/20 Rule – take a 20 second break every 20 minutes and look 20 feet away and blink your eyes. Finally, wearing sunglasses is critical to protecting the surface of the eye and the eyelids from UV exposure. More about Dry Eyes...
If you experience loss of vision, double vision, swelling, infection or any eye emergency, contact us immediately for guidance. We’ll help you with the best treatment to prevent complications and promote long-lasting clear eyesight.
Please call our office at: 250-489-2020 for further instructions. Use your best judgment on urgency, if you feel the need to find the nearest emergency room.